Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter

*****SPOILER ALERT*****SPOILER ALERT*****


So, I finished reading Harry Potter this weekend and I really enjoyed it. However, there is one quibble that I have that goes to the "Is this book acceptable or not for Catholics?" debate. Did Dumbledore seriously ask Snape to kill him? And was it seriously looked at as this major heroic thing for Snape to have done it? J.K. tried to make it "seem" all hunky-dory cause, ya' know, Dumbledore was gonna die anyway. An argument, I might remind you, often employed to justify starving people to death in the real world.


So to any parents, please make sure to tell your muggle children reading this book that IT IS NEVER OKAY TO DELIBERATELY KILL AN INNOCENT HUMAN LIFE, EVEN IF THAT PERSON (as humans tend to) IS GOING TO DIE ANYWAY!!!!

1 comment:

Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Yup. You're surely right. I think that was a dent in the story for a lot of us.