Thursday, November 29, 2007

Update . . .

My letter might produce some results . . . we'll see. Apparently the sight of my professor's name in the cc list ruffled some feathers, and the Vice President of Student Affairs invited me to have a meeting with him. So I did.

When I walked into his office he immediately started protesting that the University has not discriminated against the Cardinals for Life, and has even given them travel money (for the March for Life in D.C.).

I told him that wasn't my allegation, but, as I stated in my letter, that it would be greatly appreciated if the University would take steps to properly inform campus security that student groups don't need a license. He responded that if someone calls and complains, then campus security has to "check out the situation." I responded that that isn't the problem. Security hasn't simply asked if it's a student groups and then moved on, security has demanded that the students leave. I also mentioned that student groups should be reminded that they are not to call security simply because they dislike the message of other groups.

We'll see if it helps.

2 comments:

ignorant redneck said...

U ROCK

Sarah said...

Awww . . .shucks. . .it warn't nuthin' . . .

Thanks, IR!